These days it seems like everyone is searching for the holy grail of marketing when many cost effective tools are already at their disposal and can easily be implemented to make an impact on their bottom line.
Here are 5 of the Easiest Ways to Jump Start Marketing for Your Small Business:
- Utilize Social Media –It is important to simply think of social media as another avenue to build relationships. Don’t simply shout your message but think about connecting with your market in a way that will help them shine and allow them to get answers to questions they have. Bring value to the conversation without worrying about selling and get involved in groups on LinkedIn (like The Supplier Connection Discussion Group). When the time comes, and members of your online community know and trust you, you will be the one they turn to when they have a need you can fill.
- Blog Consistently – Okay sure, you’ve heard this before, right? You need a blog: but do you know why? It is more important than ever to offer up stellar content that your online community is searching for and will want to share. You know your customers and you know what their questions are. Answer those questions in the form of blog posts and then utilize those posts as relevant and valuable content on the digital channels you’ve set up.
- Go Old School and Get Your Face Out There – There is nothing like building relationships face-to-face to market your brand. When was the last time you attended a trade show or even invited a prospect or client to breakfast? Get out of the office and make a point to visit prospects and clients each week in their offices or at business functions around town.
- Let Your Customers Do the Work – Creating a custom branded promotional piece can take your brand far beyond the confines of your location and function as a marketing piece for 3-5 years or more. Customize something amazing that will not only show off your branding but will also become your prospects’ and clients’ favorite bag and you will get terrific ROI on your marketing dollar.
- Use Google Analytics – This is one of THE most important places to really get your company where it needs to be and monitor how valuable your content is. Google Analytics lets you track where your efforts are and are not paying off. This analytical information is invaluable to your marketing success and it’s 100% free.
As you can see, these tips are not difficult to implement but they’ll get you in the game. Remember: your customer is now heading to the computer to research almost every need they may have many times before they reach for the phone…