This month’s contest proved out the slogan: Real ideas for SBEs from real SBEs. These days the Small Business Enterprise is the focus of many efforts, but none like Supplier-Connection.
This month’s winner is Entry #2: Use a Marketing Approach to Debt Collection from Access Receivables for a wire-to-wire victory. Tom Gillespie, President, has put together a great business that recently won national acclaim (Bronze Stevie Award for 2012 – Most Innovative Company under 100 employees). Make sure to read his entry!
Congratulations to all of our registered SBEs who entered the June contest:
Entry #1: Creative Thinking as Differentiator | BST Tape Co.
Entry #2: Use a Marketing Approach to Debt Collection | Access Receivables
Entry #3: Why You Should Hire Veterans | Rastronics Security Solutions
Entry #4: The Supplier Spotlight Advantage | Splash Worldwide
Entry #5: Lions Don’t Have Time to Chase Chipmunks | Optima Technologies
This monthly contest is sponsored by Supplier-Connection, an initiative where 17 large companies have committed to making it easier to connect U.S.-based SBEs to their supply chains. Registration is open to all U.S. Small Businesses.
A Very Important Program: “SBE-Connect”
We’ve had a bit of a tepid kick-off to “SBE-Connect”, a 5-step program designed to increase your social media influence. What would it mean to your business if you added over 500 new connections on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube?
- Click here to watch the 3 minute overview video.
- Click here to read the blog entry on The SBE Lifer.
The Prize for Winning The Supplier Spotlight Monthly Contest:
In exchange for their efforts, Access-Receivables has earned the following opportunity to promote their company on Supplier-Connection for the month of July:
– Company logo and links prominently displayed on the Dashboard (New! Check it out now), highlighted under The Supplier Spotlight banner on the Get Connected page, and links to their profile from the Home Page.
– A 200 word description of their business posted beneath their logo
– A link to their website, Facebook page, Twitter account, company blog(s), etc.
– A link to an online sales presentation with audio
– Link(s) to product videos, commercials, and/or their YouTube channel
– Posted links to white papers they might have written
– A link for interested Member Partners or SBE Suppliers to schedule an online sales meeting
– A promotional email gets sent to all registered buyers from the 17-Member Companies
– If Access-Receivables can attribute any new customer order to this promotion I’ll follow up by interviewing Tom Gillespie, and post the interview on The SBE Lifer blog.
July 2012 Contest Starts NOW!
And, by now, you know The Supplier Spotlight contest starts all over again on July 1st. And with 17 Member Companies, a growing number of registered SBEs, along with our daily Social Media campaign driving more SBEs (follow me http://twitter.com/dnagallo) to The Supplier Spotlight blog; you’ll agree Supplier-Connection is where all SBEs who sell B2B should want to be seen.
ACTION ITEM: Look at how you run your business. Review the innovations you’re deploying that have improved your performance. Write them up and email the best ones to me no later than 8:00PM Eastern Friday, July 8th. Send them to email@example.com and qualify for July’s contest. (For details on how The Supplier Spotlight works, click here.)
Remember… You can’t advertise on the fast-growing Supplier-Connection portal for any amount of money.
No. You cannot.
The only thing we’ll accept is your best ideas.
SBEs are a journey… may the best idea win!
Social Media Director & Small Business Advocate, Supplier-Connection
Managing Director, The Allasso Group, LLC
CLICK HERE to FOLLOW my SmallBiz-focused Twitter feed – @dnagallo
CLICK HERE to JOIN The Supplier-Connection Discussion Group on LinkedIn
CLICK HERE to READ my posts on The SBE Lifer blog
CLICK HERE to CONNECT with the Supplier-Connection community on Facebook – All “Likes” are appreciated!
CLICK HERE to go to Supplier Connection: Visit the Get Connected page before Monday to read about ”Breaking Down the Great Divide” submitted by Stephen Peters of Emperor Marketing, the winner of last month’s contest!
To submit an entry in The Supplier Spotlight contest you need to be a registered member of the Supplier-Connection initiative with a completed registration. Registration is FREE. For more information you can watch this 1.5 minute video or read a lot more on the Supplier-Connection portal.