We are a society constantly seeking instant gratification, but the road to a successful business is a long and bumpy one. The truth is, little steps add up to big rewards. Here are 5 useful tips I’ve learned from The Supplier Spotlight contest:
- Take a closer look at the Spotlight Contest. Every month contains numerous ideas on how to improve our business. Take the suggestions that apply to your business and implement change. The one common trait of all successful companies is they’re not afraid to intelligently try new approaches.
- Keep focused on the basics. Institute a quality improvement process to reduce rework and improve profitability.
- Get your feet wet in Social Media. You may not have the money to hire a social branding company, but you can still utilize available resources, like finding free tutorials on using Twitter for Business from http://socialmediaexaminer.com.
- Stay in touch with your current client base and network. You can gain a wealth of information if you ask the right questions. Do they have current pain points you may be able to solve? Can your contact give you a referral or another business opportunity lead?
- Each morning write down your daily objectives and display them where you’ll see throughout the day. At the end of the week review your accomplishments and plan your next agenda items (you can find ideas for agenda items on The Supplier Spotlight, too).
There are no guarantees The Supplier Spotlight will generate business opportunities, but the information and experience we can gain from it should help in all our endeavors. Hopefully these “thought points” should apply to all Supplier-Connection registered SBEs. Just remember: little steps add up to big rewards.