A lot of noise is being made over the emergence of “The Cloud” and cloud computing. But many SBEs don’t really know if “The Cloud” offers any tangible benefits. As major technology companies invest more resources into this category we need to constantly monitor its evolution as many viable services are already available.
Why spend your time on it? Because the benefits are significant. Since our business is cloud-based telephony systems, we’ll use it as an example, but the same attributes apply to most SaaS (software as a service) applications:
- Reduce Costs/Save Money – Eliminate capital for hardware and infrastructure investments and cloud based telephony will often reduce your monthly communications expenses.
- Seamless Scalability – Add users as your business grows without concern over outgrowing your current telephone system
- Automatic Updates– No need to invest in upgrades or be concerned with obsolescence, upgrades are performed offsite and automatically during off hours.
- Remote Access– Employees can access & update information wherever they are, voicemails sent directly to smart phones, integrated with Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Outsource Non-Core Functions to Experts– A team of network and security professionals monitor and manage your services 24×7 so system outages are easily identified.
- Built-in Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity – No matter what’s happening in your region (storms, power outages, etc.) your business keeps running regardless of what happens at your physical location.
- Business Opportunity– Because SBEs are lean and can move quickly, selling cloud computing products and services present a great new business opportunity.
We’ve come to acknowledge that the pace of innovation is moving cloud-based services into the mainstream. Now is the time to evaluate the opportunity for your business. And although our expertise is in telephony, and we’re happy to review those needs with you, feel free to contact us for a review of “The Cloud” and you.
April 2012: The Supplier Spotlight Monthly SBE Contest.
Sponsored by Supplier-Connection – An initiative of major US companies committed to spending more with US-based small businesses.