Greetings to all!
The winner of The Supplier Spotlight contest for January will have a brighter SPOTLIGHT on it than December’s winner for one simple reason: Supplier-Connection continues to grow. More than 100 SBEs have joined since early December, and last week Wells Fargo officially joined the initiative as the 13th Member Partner!
Data Vista’s Mitchell Toub, a registered SBE from Philadelphia, PA puts it best in his comment on our LinkedIn Discussion Group (click to join now!): …with Bank of America, Citi and now Wells Fargo, 3 of the 4 largest US-based banks are now sponsors of Supplier Connection, very significant in terms of Supplier Connection recognition from the Banking sector.
Both of January’s submissions focused on sales growth and the leader after the first week of voting wound up winning, keeping both my “The Front Runner” and “Growing Revenues Rules” theories fully intact:
I’m actually a bit surprised at the vote. Although I loved both entries, I was guessing folks would go for Stephen’s submission, especially since he directly related his efforts to new revenue. However, the people have spoken! And January’s winner, with almost 62% of the vote is Lou Biedka’s entry for Splash Worldwide, Inc.! Congratulations!
Visit the Get Connected page on Supplier-Connection beginning Wednesday to check out Splash Worldwide’s profile – they are a real high quality provider.
Thanks again to both Lou Biedka & Stephen Jackson for their submissions. The contest slowed a bit in January which I’ve attributed to the Holiday hangover & kicking off the New Year. But I’m looking forward to more entries starting February 1st. Can I count on you to join the effort?
* * * We interrupt this blog post for a really important message * * *
On another note… Last week I was on a call listening to Chet K. (he’s driving the vision and direction of the Supplier-Connection portal), talk about the future of supplier procurement. We SBEs need to think carefully about the content we include when we register our business with portals like Supplier Connection. Especially as large companies and government organizations begin to move towards automating the supplier application review process.
Is your application 100% complete?
Is your application accurate and compelling?
Do you spend enough time making sure you’ve selected the proper NICS & SIC codes?
Are you aware this is part of creating your “online persona”?
Are you aware major companies & government agencies are moving towards using software to “curate” a list of qualified suppliers based on the application?
This, I am told (with conviction, I might add), is the future of the procurement process. PLEASE! Go back to your Supplier Connection application… and any others you’ve filled out… first, check the accuracy of the data and then see how you might infuse some marketing sparkle into your online application submissions to help your company “stand out” from the crowd.
* * * We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog post… * * *
In exchange for their effort, Splash Worldwide has earned the following opportunity to promote their company on Supplier-Connection for the month of February:
- Company logo displayed under The Supplier Spotlight banner on the Get Connected page
- A 200 word description of their business posted on Get Connected beneath their logo
- The option to write an article on their idea, explaining the value it brought to their company
- A link to their website, Facebook page, Twitter account, company blog(s), etc.
- A link to an online sales presentation with audio
- Link(s) to product videos, commercials, and/or their YouTube channel
- Posted links to white papers they might have written
- A link for interested Member Partners or SBE Suppliers to schedule an online sales meeting
- A promotional email gets sent to all registered buyers from the 13-Member Partners
- If Splash Worldwide can attribute any new customer order to this promotion I’ll follow up by interviewing their Director of Sales, Lou Biedka and post the interview on The SBE Lifer blog.
And, by now, you know The Supplier Spotlight contest starts all over again on February 1st. And now with 13 Member Partners (more should join in February), a growing number of registered SBEs, along with our Social Media campaign driving non-registered SBEs to The Supplier Spotlight blog; you’ll agree Supplier-Connection is where all SBEs who sell B2B should want to be seen.
ACTION ITEM: Review all aspects of how you run your business. Review the innovations you’re deploying that have improved your performance. Write them up and email the best ones to me no later than end of business Monday, February 9th. Send them to email@example.com and qualify for January’s contest. (For details on how the Supplier Spotlight works click here.)
Remember… You can’t advertise on the Supplier-Connection portal for any amount of money.
The only thing we’ll accept is your best ideas.
SBEs are a journey… Be safe! And may the best idea win!
Social Media Director & Small Business Advocate, Supplier-Connection
Managing Director, The Allasso Group, LLC