FACT: The Good Corporate Citizen initiative has been adopted by most every Fortune 500 company in the USA. The next wave of this movement will be for Fortune corporations to ensure their suppliers are in step with these guidelines.
Data Vista works with many Fortune 500 companies, including Supplier Connection Partners AT&T, IBM and Bank of America. There are many other requirements and hurdles to overcome in working with the majors, but of growing importance is having a good corporate citizen program including the following elements:
- Sustainability—Are you environmentally responsible? Includes energy conservation and waste management, i.e., being green, working with suppliers that are, etc.
- Health and Safety—Do you provide a safe/healthy workplace and following applicable regulations?
- Labor—Do you follow wage, hours, non-discrimination, and child labor laws?
- Respect and dignity—no physical coercion or harassment
Since we’re affiliated with the Electronics industry, we adhere to the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition Code of Conduct (EICC) which most large corporate customers recognize. Your industry likely has a trade association with a good corporate citizen policy you can leverage.
Other related issues we’ve addressed:
- Business continuity plans—how you’ll continue to serve/support your customers in case of flood, fire, earthquake, etc.
- IT security practices—how do you ensure customer data is secure and not subject to theft or loss?
- Financial stability—is your organization financially stable so customers can depend on you now and in the not too distant future?
We address all of the above in presentations, bid responses, and discussions. In some instances we’ve had customer audits to ensure compliance with several of the above areas. We now leverage our Good Corporate Citizen practices as a differentiating factor against competitors. Our ability to respond to these requirements has paid off as it’s made a difference in winning new business.
If you want to be more successful in engaging large enterprises who value these qualities in their supply chain, you should immediately research and implement a policy of your own.
For more information, contact Mitchell Toub at 609-702-9300, or e-mail, email@example.com
Mitchell Toub, Vice President, Sales
609-702-9300, ext 201
Data Vista, Inc.
122A Burrs Road, Westampton, NJ 08060