Greetings again to all SBEs:
As the only company to submit an entry in every SPOTLIGHT contest, this month’s winner proves that persistence does pay dividends.
We had three great October entries to choose from and activity was at an all-time high. With a 190% increase over previous highs, we had 385 people read and vote in the October contest! October’s victor is entry #1: Employees Drive Significant Cost Savings from MotiveAction of Minneapolis, Minnesota!
Again, I want to thank MotivAction, JC Estimating Company, Inc. (Carole Shillito, President & CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org), and Overture Promotions, Inc. (Tej Shah, VP, Ecommerce & Marketing,TejS@overturepromo.com) for taking the time to participate in The Supplier Spotlight. Each entry showed another way to promote innovation, increase productivity and keep your small business viable and on the leading edge.
Congratulations to the winning entry! MotivAction’s entry won by the largest margin in our short history with over 59% of the vote! I recently spent some time with Eric and I was extremely impressed with the way this company operates and communicates their value proposition. Go to their website and check them out:
Eric Heining, Business Development Director
Phone: 763.412.3080 | Fax: 763.412.3180
Mobile: 952.807.7529 | Email: email@example.com
16355 36th Avenue North,
Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN, 55446
Here’s a screen capture of the final tabulation right as voting ended:
For the month of November MotiveAction has earned the following opportunity to promote their company on Supplier-Connection (they supply all marketing materials, graphics, etc.):
- Company logo prominently displayed under The Supplier Spotlight banner on the Get Connected page.
- A 200 word description of their business posted on the Get Connected home page under their logo.
- The option of writing an article on the winning idea, explaining the value it brought to the company.
- A link to their website, Facebook page, Twitter account, company blog(s), etc.
- A link to an online sales presentation with audio
- Link(s) to product videos, commercials, and/or their YouTube channel
- Posted links to white papers they might have written
- A link for interested Member Partners or SBE Suppliers to schedule an online sales meeting,
- An email gets sent to all registered buyers from the 9-Member Partners promoting the winner
- If MotivAction can attribute any new customer order to this promotion I’ll follow up by interviewing Eric Heining and post the interview on The SBE Lifer blog.
And, by now, I hope you know the best thing about The Supplier Spotlight contest is it starts all over again on November 1st. And with the site traffic increasing by more than 50% last month, Supplier-Connection is where all SBEs who sell to the Fortune 500 should want to be seen.
Every month this marketing opportunity grows in value. So review all aspects of how you run your business. What innovations are you employing that have made a difference in your performance? Write them up and email the best ones to me no later than end of business Monday, November 7th. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and qualify for November’s contest and GET IN THE GAME. (For details on how the Supplier Spotlight works click here.)
I talked to a number of SBEs this past week at a great NYC event put on by Supplier-Connection Member Partner, CitiGroup. Most SBEs said they intended to submit an entry, but didn’t get to it. Meanwhile, every month some other company gets promoted to the growing number of buyers and small business enterprises (SBEs).
Resolve in your own hearts and minds to put this at the top of your To-Do list and, as my cowboy friend, John Carr from Wyoming would say: Get ‘er done!
Remember… You can’t advertise on the Supplier-Connection portal for any amount of money.
The only thing we’ll accept is your best ideas.
Godspeed and may the best idea win!
Social Media Director & Small Business Advocate, Supplier-Connection
Managing Director, The Allasso Group,
The contest is available only to businesses that qualify as a U.S.-based Small Business, that have registered on www.supplier-connection.net,
and have completed their Supplier Application. Go to www.supplier-connection.net for more details on the initiative.
CLICK HERE to JOIN THE SUPPLIER CONNECTION DISCUSSION GROUP on LinkedIn
CLICK HERE to READ The SBE Lifer blog for an overview on the future of SUPPLIER-CONNECTION
CLICK HERE to CONNECT with the Supplier-Connection community on Facebook – All Likes are encouraged & appreciated!
CLICK HERE to go to Supplier Connection and visit the updated GET CONNECTED page to:
- Download the Presentation and the Q&A session from the 1st Webinar.
- Download the Presentation from the 2nd Webinar.
- Read the profile of this month’s winner of The Supplier Spotlight contest.