Greetings again to all SBEs:
With only five days to choose from two great entries, activity was high as almost 130 SBEs participated in the 5-day poll. With the contest running as a “dead heat” entering the last day of voting, the winner of September’s contest with 57% of the vote is entry #2: Reinvent Your Company from Fourth Technologies of Cherry Hill, New Jersey!
Again, thanks go out to both Motive Action and Fourth Technologies for submitting great ways to promote innovation and increase productivity. Special thanks to Eric Heining (email@example.com) the Business Development Director for MotivAction of Minneapolis, MN for participating in the first two contests of The Supplier Spotlight, as well as their commitment to this community.
Congratulations to the winning entry submitted by Andrew Meltzer, VP of Business Development at Fourth Technologies, Inc.! You can reach Andrew @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call him: 856-751-4848 ext. 21.
Even though it was clear that Motive Action’s submission, “THE BIG IDEA” has significant merit to both the SBE and Fortune 500 market, I felt Fourth Technologies entry, focusing on reinventing your company, would have wider appeal based on the poor condition of the economy.
Question: I suspect many who voted are from SBEs with less than 10 employees, thereby reducing the value of the great program listed as Entry #1 – is that an accurate assumption? Let me know.
Here’s a screen capture of the final tabulation right as voting ended:
For the month of October Fourth Technologies has earned the following opportunity to promote their company on Supplier-Connection (they supply all marketing materials, graphics, etc.):
- Company logo prominently displayed under The Supplier Spotlight banner on the Get Connected page.
- A 200 word description of their business posted on the Get Connected home page under their logo.
- Andrew has the option of writing an article on the winning idea, explaining the value it brought to his company, also posted on the portal.
- A link to their website, Facebook page, Twitter account, company blog(s), etc.
- A link to an online sales presentation with audio
- Link(s) to product videos, commercials, and/or their YouTube channel
- Posted links to white papers they might have written
- A link for interested Member Partners or SBE Suppliers to schedule an online sales meeting
- New! An email gets sent to all registered buyers from the 9-Member Partners promoting the winner
- If Fourth Technologies can attribute any new customer order to this promotion I’ll follow up by interviewing Andrew Meltzer and post the interview on The SBE Lifer blog.
What’s the best thing about The Supplier Spotlight contest? It starts all over again on October 1st. And with the site traffic increasing by almost 25% each month, Supplier-Connection is where all SBEs who sell to the Fortune 500 should want to be seen.
So look through your list of ideas, initiatives, innovations and efficiency programs now. Write them up and submit the best ones to me by October 7th at email@example.com and qualify for October’s contest. (For more details on how the Supplier Spotlight works click here.)
Don’t hesitate. Don’t delay. And, remember… You can’t advertise on the Supplier-Connection portal for any amount of money.
The only currency we’ll accept is your best ideas.
May the best SBE idea win!
Social Media Director & Small Business Advocate
For up to the second updates, click here to follow me on Twitter.
Click here to join The Supplier-Connection Discussion Group I moderate on LinkedIn (must be registered on Supplier-Connection to participate).
Contest is available only to businesses that qualify as a U.S.-based Small Business, that have registered on www.supplier-connection.net, and have completed their Supplier Application. Go to www.supplier-connection.net for more details on the initiative.