Greetings again to all SBEs:
Though it was close for most of the voting period, late last week one particular idea gained a head of steam and with almost 59% of the vote, carried it all the way to a big victory. The winner of our inaugural contest with 120 of the 204 votes cast, is entry #1: S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting!
Congratulations to the winning entry submitted by Tad Stevens of Cpethink.com, LTD! Here’s a screen capture of the final tabulation right as voting ended:
For the month of September Cpethink.com has earned the following opportunity to promote their company on Supplier-Connection (it’s their job to supply all marketing materials, graphics, etc., not ours!):
- Company logo prominently displayed (300 pixels) on the Get Connected page under the Supplier Spotlight banner.
- A 200 word description of their business posted on the Get Connected home page under thier logo.
- Tad has the option of writing an article on the winning idea, explaining the value it brought to his company, also posted on the portal.
- A link to their website, Facebook page, Twitter account, company blog(s), etc.
- A link to an online sales presentation with audio
- Link(s) to product videos, commercials, and/or their YouTube channel
- Posted links to white papers they might have written
- A link for interested Member Partners or SBE Suppliers to schedule an online sales meeting,
- If Cpethink.com can attribute any new customer order to this promotion I’ll follow up by interviewing Tad Stevens and post the interview on The SBE Lifer blog.
September will be a very active month at Supplier-Connection. In addition to posting and promoting Cpethink.com on our portal, by mid-month we’ll be celebrating the 1st anniversary of the Supplier-Connection initiative–and you can expect a good amount of press around the announcement. Additionally, by the end of September we’ll be going live with version 1.4 of the portal with new features for buyers and suppliers alike.
Here’s the great thing about The Supplier Spotlight contest… It starts all over again on September 1st. So look through your list of ideas, initiatives, innovations and efficiency program. Take the best ones you use to make your company more profitable, more competitive and more efficient… Write them up and email them to me at email@example.com and qualify for September’s contest. (For more details on how the Supplier Spotlight works click here.)
Don’t hesitate. Don’t delay. And, remember… You can’t advertise on the Supplier-Connection portal for any amount of money.
The only currency we’ll accept is your best ideas.
May the best SBE idea win!
Social Media Director & Small Business Advocate
Contest is available only to businesses that qualify as a U.S.-based Small Business, that have registered on www.supplier-connection.net, and have completed their Supplier Application. Go to www.supplier-connection.net for more details on the initiative.