Submitted by Karen Wales, ISC Technology, Inc.
Most companies have policies and procedures that cover normal HR items that employees need to know but ISC Technology took procedures a step further and created a Business Process Procedure Guide for our company. The Guide contains step-by-step procedures on how to conduct all business processes. Sensitive sections such as payroll are accessible only to those that need to know. Most sections are accessible by all employees. For instance, how to check company voice mail is a process accessible by anyone but how to access payroll information is accessible only to the Finance job roles. The Guide even has complete client fulfillment procedures written so any employee, regardless of job role, can assist any client(s) as needed, even if that is not the employees normal job role.
- Employees have a greater depth of knowledge of how the company operates leading to better decisions.
- Employees are empowered to operate outside their job role.
- Job role cross training simplified.
- New hire training simplified.
- The Company hums along regardless of whether key employees are on vacation, sick, or terminate.
- Clients are happy knowing any time they call ISC with a request they will get action.