…and some months you stay respectable.
November showed 715 page views and 75 votes–not bad considering Thanksgiving and Black Friday histrionics. I’m always curious about the disparity between votes & views month after month. Should we put the voting poll at the bottom of every entry? Let me know what you think on Twitter (@DnaGallo) or on The Supplier-Connection Discussion Group on LinkedIn. Nevertheless: Thank You to everyone for reading & voting.
This month’s winning entry is… “5 Advantages of Being Small” from Edayat Shahrani, the Director of ES Consulting, Inc. As you can see below, it won a commanding 60% of the vote, and I think it won because it’s simple–simple inspiration for SBEs, a simple reminder that though we may be small, we will always have the ability to think our way out of problems & maneuver swiftly to put those solutions in action. If you need a pick-me-up or not, you should read the entry here.
This contest is sponsored by Supplier-Connection, an initiative where 18 large companies have committed to connect U.S.-based SBEs to their supply chains. Registration is open to all U.S. Small Business Enterprises.
Wednesday, December 12th: “Leveraging the Network to Your Benefit” – The 5th Supplier-Connection Webinar
Date: Wednesday, December 12
Time: 1:00PM EST to 2:00PM EST
This webinar will include:
- An overview of the program’s milestones,
- Highlight new features & important functionality,
- Show you what the Buyer Portal looks like providing insight into how buyers are searching for SBEs,
- Provide an overview of the many ways to connect & become part of the Supplier-Connection Community
Who should attend: All SBEs who want a better understanding of how Supplier-Connection works. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions of the team running the Supplier-Connection initiative. Do not miss this webinar! Invitations will be sent starting the last week of November.
The Prize for Winning The Supplier Spotlight Monthly Contest:
In exchange for their efforts, ES Consulting, Inc. has earned the following opportunity to promote their company on Supplier-Connection for the month of December:
– Company logo and links prominently displayed on the Dashboard (New! Check it out now), highlighted under The Supplier Spotlight banner on the Get Connected page, and links to their profile from the Home Page.
– A 200 word description of their business posted beneath their logo
– A link to their website, Facebook page, Twitter account, company blog(s), etc.
– A link to an online sales presentation with audio
– Link(s) to product videos, commercials, and/or their YouTube channel
– Posted links to white papers they might have written
– A link for interested Member Partners or SBE Suppliers to schedule an online sales meeting
– A promotional email gets sent to all registered buyers from the 18-Member Companies
– If ES Consulting, Inc. can attribute any new customer order to this promotion I’ll follow up by interviewing Edayat Shahrani, and post the interview on The SBE Lifer blog.
The December 2012 contest starts NOW!
And, by now, you know The Supplier Spotlight contest starts all over again on December 1st. And with 18 Member Companies, 500+ registered Corporate Buyers, a growing number of registered SBEs, along with our daily Social Media campaign driving more SBEs (follow me
) to The Supplier Spotlight blog; you’ll agree Supplier-Connection is where all SBEs who sell B2B should want to be seen.
ACTION ITEM: Look at how you run your business. Review the innovations you’re deploying that have improved your performance. Write them up and email the best ones to me no later than 8:00PM Eastern December 10th. Send them to email@example.com and qualify for December’s contest. (For details on how The Supplier Spotlight works, click here.)
Remember… You can’t advertise on the fast-growing Supplier-Connection portal for any amount of money.
No. You cannot.
The only thing we’ll accept is your best ideas.
SBEs are a journey… may the best idea win!
Social Media Director & Small Business Advocate, Supplier-Connection
Managing Director, The Allasso Group, LLC
CLICK HERE to FOLLOW for my SmallBiz focused Twitter feed – @dnagallo
CLICK HERE to JOIN The Supplier-Connection Discussion Group on LinkedIn
CLICK HERE to READ my blog: The SBE Lifer
CLICK HERE to LIKE Supplier-Connection on Facebook
CLICK HERE to go to Supplier-Connection: Visit the Get Connected page before Monday, December 3rd to read about the winner of last month’s contest: Advanced Information Services, Inc.
To submit an entry in The Supplier Spotlight contest you need to be a registered member of the Supplier-Connection initiative with a completed registration. Registration is FREE. For more information you can watch this 1.5 minute video or read a lot more on the Supplier-Connection portal.